We cannot change the past, yet it is vital for us to know all about our history. How does it affect our mental wellness? Aren’t we troubled why despite the developments of today’s world, we are facing more and more challenges in our daily lives? The number of medical conditions has increased, and our knowledge in dealing with and treating some of them is still limited, and experts continue to study matters that could help in the existence of humanity.
Why Is It Important To Study Our History?
- Our history is vital to our scientists because it is the acquisition of all the studies since the beginning of time. It will help them compare all ideas and theories made by people who lived before them. A great example of this is the discovery of the cure for tuberculosis. Back then, this disease was fatal and caused much fear to people, but because of continuous studies by dedicated scientists, they have found a cure, and for that, the people nowadays no longer fear their mortality due to this illness.
- Our history is relevant because it makes us learn from past mistakes. Many catastrophes have happened where humans are responsible. For instance, war. It has been happening since and until now but for different reasons, or not. These things are essential to make us become mindful of our actions, especially the large groups of people such as the government.
- Our history is an essential series of events that lead us to where we are now, and knowing where we came from is vital in determining where we are going. Our lives may be different from the way people lived theirs back then, and most of our progress is from the bravery, courage, and intelligence of the people from way back. They serve as inspiration and guidance for us to keep moving forward. For this reason, there are several celebrations held to commemorate the exceptional contribution of people from the past.
Why Is History Essential To Our Mental Wellness?
- History is vital to mental wellness because it brings us peace of mind. Having to know what happened in the past gives us great relief by making us aware of the things that we should avoid and such. For example, people from the past have done things that lead to unfortunate events. Because of this, we are now aware not to make the same mistake as they did, and also, for this reason, we are more confident in dealing with our everyday lives.
- History is vital in the discovery of treatments for all medical conditions. We all know that today’s generation is benefitting from the discoveries made from the past and their continued development over time. For instance, the treatment and management of mental health conditions in the past are different as each treatment tends to be the same for everything else. All of which the mental health problems are insanity or being “crazy.” The modernization of today’s medicine and facilities have made a significant impact in dealing with medical issues, making it a big leap for medical and mental wellness.
Looking back is as essential as looking forward. Itis like studying the path we took to ascertain that we are heading in the right direction, as sometimes we tend to be sideward or backward which are unnecessary. Knowing our history can help us save time and effort as it will prevent us from making the same mistakes our ancestors did. As for mental wellness, our history is vital as it is the beginning of unveiling the secrets surrounding mental health problems. Similarly, the advancement of today will be history in the future.